I blogged about the winter blues a couple of weeks ago, and since then I’ve started to take some small but positive steps towards seeing the light through the dark winter nights.
Here are some top tips and small buys for making winter the season to be jolly.
- There’s no need to wait for the depths of the festive season to bring out the sparkly sequin dresses when you can show off a little shimmer everyday with this gold glitter nail varnish from Barry M. Two coats will leave for an evenly spread sparkle, and team with gold jewellery for instant bling.
- Vaseline’s ‘paint the town’ lip balm is my new best friend. Combining a super sweet spiced berry taste, with soft kissable smackers and a hint of red tint, it’s perfect for banishing dry winter lips and balancing out that interesting shade of ice blue that begins when you’re forced to stand outside and watch the fireworks.
- Make a CD/playlist of your favourite songs that make you feel good as soon as you hear them, and play them before you start your day as a musical pick me up. Or, simply invest in a new power album – I’ve just bought Jessie J’s album Alive, full off kick ass can do attitude.
- If ever a cute bobble hat were an essential for your wardrobe, now is the time. Look at my cute buy from Topshop, gorgeously chunky knit with a super soft bobble. I’ll probably only wear it once, like 2012’s earmuffs and 2011’s fingerless gloves, but it’s adorable nonetheless.
Treat yourself to a new spritz (or get some freeby testers!) My all time favourite Christmassy scent is Miss Dior Cherie. Wear your chosen smell at every special occasion you attend throughout the season and you can literally keep your memories bottled up, as every time you wear it after that you’ll be reminded of fun celebrations.
We all know a little retail therapy is good for the heart, and I’m focusing on these little things to keep me smiling through the grey, rainy days!
- Twinkle toes….and fingers! (allthatglitterblog.wordpress.com)
- My Autumn Winter Picks… (alexvallance.wordpress.com)
- Vaseline Paint the Town launches at Selfridges (fashion-mommy.com)