This year has been one for lots of new things in my life.
I’ve changed, I’ve grown and I’ve become a lot happier as I’ve tried my best to constantly challenge and push myself – I have accomplished things I’d never dreamt of and have had a year full of great experiences and all because I’ve started saying ‘yes’ more.
I’ve started to believe in myself and it’s been really rewarding.
I may not have been bungee jumping or skydiving or white water rafting (yet), but I’ve made a start in realising that just saying ‘yes’ to a few more opportunities, and opening my mind to different things, has had a really positive effect on my whole life.
Here are my top 30 ‘yes’ moments of the year (so far…):
1. Became someone’s first love ❤ (Thought I’d get the soppy one out of the way)
2. Got a promotion. My first ever.
3. Ran 10K
4. Ran 2K, 3K, 4K, 5K, 6K, 7K, 8K & 9K – they were all new distances to be honest!
5. Travelled to Thailand (what an experience this was!)
6. Travelled to Dubai
7, Rode a camel
8. Rode an elephant
9. Held a monkey
10. Went tubing down the river
11. Went sand dune bashing in the desert
12. Joined a running club
13. Completed a wolf run
14.Helped raise over £6,000 for charity
15. Travelled to Dublin
16. Auditioned for a drama group
17, Joined a drama group
18. Won a team voted award for ‘Most Positive Outlook’
19. Escorted a Magazine Editor on a tour of the company I work for
20. Travelled on a long haul flight
Got a real tan Oh no, sorry, that definitely didn’t happen!
21. Drove through London City Centre and survived
22. Travelled on an overnight train
23. Attended the filming of a TV advert
24. Read a whole book in 24 hours
25. Had a henna tattoo
26. Swam through a lake with my clothes and trainers on
27. Thought about the concept of being with one person forever as perhaps not the most terrifying thing in the world – for a teeny tiny millisecond anyway
28. Attended the wedding of a close friend
29. Made plans for longer into the future than a month
30. And of course…started a blog!
This is just the start of my ‘bucket’ list – I can’t wait to see what 2014 brings!
Because, after all, life is too short to say no.
- Hello Dubai (thetravellinghulagirl.wordpress.com)
- What’s my purpose huh? (mraynell8.wordpress.com)
- 30 Before 30: Go White Water Rafting (cindyagoncillo.com)